This collection of photographs of St George's Garrison Church Wellington, Tamil Nadu was submitted by Gloria Dingley.
The Church was built in the year 1885, as a place of worship for the British troops stationed in the Nilgiris. It is the biggest church in the Nilgiris, which can accommodate about 600 persons. The church has the loftiest spire with a lighted Cross at the top, which can be seen from far.
It is noted for its architectural beauty. The oak choir-stalls, pulpit and the brass altar-railings were imported from England. The church is also known for its perfect acoustics.
A pipe organ was imported from England and erected between 1900 & 1902 in memory of Her Majesty Queen Victoria.
Information from: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Coimbatore/Church-steps-into-history/article16300114.ece